Investing In the Success & Health of the Local Community
Because the health of the worldwide community begins at home, the Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club encourages the success and well-being of our local area through financial support and volunteer involvement.
Encouraging Personal Growth & Community
A community gains strength and potential with access to education and resources. We are proud to encourage education, personal growth, and a healthy economy with support to the following causes:
- Annual financial and equipment donations for the Phelps Public Library
- Yearly scholarships for the continued education of Phelps area students
- Signage donation for the Phelps – Conover biking/hiking trail
Caring For Children & Families in Vilas County
The thought of a single child in our own community being under-fed or shivering through the long winter months is heartbreaking. When you attend a Lions Club event, make a donation, or volunteer your time, you are making a difference in the lives of your neighbors. The Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club is dedicated to helping local families and children survive these challenges of poverty and low income households in the following ways:
- The Headwaters Food Pantry, distributing food to low income individuals and households in Land O’Lakes, Conover and Phelps
- The Warm the Children program, providing winter jackets, boots, snow pants, hats, gloves and warm clothing for children in Vilas County
- Holiday gift cards, bringing holiday cheer to low income households through the gift of food
Phelps – Land O’Lakes Lions Club Can Help You!
In addition to our many local causes and services, our club is ready to assist individuals in need any way that we can. We know that life gets tough sometimes, and a small bump in the road can have long-term effects that are difficult to overcome. If you find yourself in need of a helping hand, the Lions Club is here for you.
Please Contact the Lions Today! to learn more about any assistance we may be able to provide.